FROSIO is a member organization established in 1986 by the industry to meet a growing demand of qualified and certified personnel on all levels within management, production and inspection of work within corrosion protection and surface treatment. In 2012 FROSIO established a similar system for training and certification of insulation inspectors.
FROSIO acts through formulation of quality requirements for surface treatment and insulation inspectors. FROSIO approval and certification scheme have achieved high international recognition and a FROSIO certified inspector is a specific requirement within different standards and specifications.
Certification is a natural career progression for anyone with a successfully completed apprenticeship or for anyone with long experience in anticorrosion work or insulation work.
- To elevate the quality level with all aspects of the surface treatment and insulation trades.
- To act through formulation of quality requirements and development of education programs for surface tratment and insulation inspectors.
- FROSIO has focus on the importance of impartiality in carrying out its certification activities, managing conflict of interest and ensuring the objectives of its certification activities.
- To have independent inspectors
- To have qualified/certified inspectors
- To prevent the undermining of inspectors authority
- To improve surface treatment work in general
- To prepare and maintain training curriculums for both surface treatment and insulation courses and examinations
- To approve the training bodies
- To conduct examinations
- To assess and approve/reject candidates for certification
- To renewal of certificates
- To keep records of all certified personnel
Requirements for certification:
- Attend an 80 hours training course provided by a FROSIO approved training body
- Pass both theoretical and practical exams
- Document relevant experience and inspection experience
Type of certificate based on experience
- The certificates have 3 levels depending on documented experience.